Sunday, January 9, 2011

01/09/2011

Our most recent unit that we've been studying in English is mystery and suspense.  My personal favorite was the radio drama that we listened to called "On A Country Road" or something like that.  I liked the way that it took a really unexpected turn in the end, and also showed how people's paranoia can get the best of them.  Another story that we read was one about a guy who bets people that they can't light their lighters 10 times in a row.  The weird thing was that if they missed, he got to chop off their finger, and if they succeeded, they got his car.  After reading this story, we also got to watch the movie version of it.  I tend to like books better.  However, in this case, I liked the movie a lot more because of it's added twist.  So far, this is my favorite unit because they are the type of stories that I would consider reading outside of school, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment